Affiliated with the Canadian Cardiovascular Society (CCS), the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists is a non-profit organization established to raise the standard of practice, level of competence and the quality of patient care in Canada. A self-governing body, the CSCT admits and revokes membership in the Society and encourages all members to maintain professional standards by participating in a Continuing Education Unit (CEU) system. With technology advancing so rapidly, the CSCT is working to upgrade and maintain national professional standards in the field of Cardiac testing. Today we have over 1000 Registered Members Canada wide. Registered members may be employed in the field of Cardiology by assisting and performing duties in:
Manitoba Association of Cardiology Technologists gives membership to Cardiology Technologists who live and work in allied health profession in Manitoba. Our members strive to maintain highest professional standards. We assist students to become our members. Continue Education units (CEU) and dues collected and provided to CSCT to keep every member registered.
10 Great Reasons to Be a Member
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for public health in our region.
2. Annual Educational Conference: The annual Conference provides quality education and networking for public health professionals, and you receive a SIGNIFICANT discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Conference or attend to enhance your professional development.
3. Public Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that public health voices are being heard. The Legislative Committee prepares legislative updates/alerts, and keeps track of public health issues under consideration by the State Legislature. MACT works along with MAHCP to advocate public health issues.
4. Free Informational Services: The association keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site and email updates of emerging issues relevant to public health. You remain informed about public health in our region in a way that saves you time.
5. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with public health professionals in our region, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from Annual Conferences to regional meetings.
6. Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and over 800 public health professionals in our region.
7. Discounts on Educational Offerings: You receive reduced registration fees at MACT AGMs and CCS sponsored continuing education events.
8. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects.
9. Recognition: You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievements in public health. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
10. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.